Some like the Algarve. Sun Beach and Golf. Others say the North is the real Portugal. Discover the North with four nights in the gorgeous Ponte de Lima. See the historical towns of Viana do Castelo and Braga. Walk for a day on the famous Pilgrims Way. Visit the famous National Park Peneda-Geres. And enjoy the local cuisines and wine. You might still like the Algarve. But you will love the North.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
Ponte de Lima is a beautiful village in the Lima Valley which dates back to 1125. Apart from its beauty it is famous for its Roman Bridge. It was originally a Roman settlement on the road from Braga to Santiago de Compostela.
Santiago de Compostela is of course famous as the final destination on the Pilgrims Way known in Portugal as the Way of St James. That walk commences in Porto through Ponte de Lima and from Ponte de Lima there is another 154 kilometres to go.
It is a beautiful part of Portugal. Its landscape, its buildings and its culture allow the visitor a taste of the authentic Portugal. The National Park Peneda – Gerés is one of the most beautiful in Portugal.
And for those with modern tastes wonderful accommodation and restaurants are all available.
In this tour we hope to offer you a taste of the old and the new.
- Arrive Ponte de Lima.
- Accommodation Mercearia da Vila.
- Accommodation in Suite.
- Guided day trip to Viana do Castelo and Braga.
- Lunch at Copo1/2 in Braga.
- Dinner at restaurant Acude (excluding beverages).
- Way of St James pilgrimage route Ponte de Lima to Rubiaes (22km).
- Return transport to Ponte de Lima.
- Dinner at restaurant A Tulha (excluding beverages).
- Guided tour to Parque Nacional de Peneda – Gerés.
- Lunch Restaurant Ponte Nova.
- Dinner Sabores do Lima (excluding beverages).
- Depart for your next CoolPortugal experience.
- Four nights suite accommodation Mercearia da Vila
- Daily breakfast
- Lunch at Copo1/2 (excluding beverages)
- Packed lunch on Pilgrims Walk
- Lunch Ponte Nova
- Dinner Restaurant A Tulha (excluding beverages)
- Dinner Restaurant Sabores do Lima (excluding beverages)
- Guided day trip and transport to Viana do Castelo and Braga
- Guided day trip and transport to Parque Nacional de Peneda – Gerês
- Transport from Rubiaes to Ponte de Lima