Whether Lisbon is your only experience of Portugal or the start of a longer tour leading into another Cool Portugal experience our Start With A City Break over six days will introduce you to the best that Portugal’s capital has to offer. And Lisbon has much to entice you. It is romantic. It has soul. It has culture and history. Experience Lisbon.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
Cool Portugal offers the traveller to Portugal the chance to discover a Portugal that most will not see. Many of our experiences are in the beautiful parts of rural Portugal. But no matter what your destination you will need to start your experience in either Lisbon or Porto Portugal’s two biggest cities. We have put together a number of options for you to have at least four or five nights in these two wonderful cities. They deserve nothing less from you. And then you can move on to the next part of your journey wherever it might be in Portugal.
Lisbon offers so much. It’s great castle São Jorge atop the eastern hill overlooking the city. There is the Cathedral founded in 1147 built when the first King of Portugal conquered the city from the Moors. The famous Tram 28. The viewpoint from Santa Luzia. The Fado Museum dedicated to Portugal’s unique national music. Music and songs of emotion, passion and grief. There are distinctive areas of the city to explore. They may be just names. But once explored you will not forget Rua Augusta, Rossio, Praça do Comércio, Avenida Liberdade, Chiado, Rua Garrett, Bairro Alto and Príncipe Real.
We have designed options which allow you to spend your time in Cascais or Lisbon. To spend more time in Sintra if you wish. Or just stay in Lisbon. Its your choice. And there is no wrong choice.
- Arrive Lisbon in afternoon.
- Transport from Airport to Hotel.
- The afternoon and evening is free.
- We suggest to relax a walk along the Avenida da Liberdade and a stroll through Parque Eduardo VII. For dinner you might try Can the Can an innovative Lisbon restaurant where depending on the night you may listen to Fado or other music.
- Your lovely guide Catarina Perestrelo will pick you up and show you the delights of Lisbon. And if you wish she may point you towards the right shops. Wear your walking shoes because most of this full day tour will be on foot.
- For dinner we suggest after a hard day walking a restaurant not too far away – Bocca. Fine dining. If you want something more casual we suggest Guilty. With a name like that you have to try it.
- Today you will make your own fun in your Tuk Tuk tour. No you don’t drive. Sit back and relax.
- Have a light lunch at Embaixada and then enjoy the afternoon as you wish.
- Just explore and experience. For dinner gaze over the city lights at Zambeze.
- A full day tour of Cascais and Sintra with Catarina Perestrelo.
- For dinner try Bica do Sapato.
- Your last full day in Lisbon before you head on to your next Cool Portugal experience. We suggest you catch the train to Belém. Visit Mosteiros dos Jerónimos, the Centro Cultural de Belém, and the Carriage Museum. And don’t leave without your custard tart fix at Pastéis de Belém.
- Then rest up because tonight you will be spoiled at one of Lisbon’s premier restaurants Bistro 100 Maneiras.
- Depart for your next CoolPortugal experience.
- Five nights accommodation including breakfast
- Transport from airport to hotel and from hotel to departure point
- Two hour Tuk Tuk tour
- Full day guided tour of Lisbon city
- Full day tour of Cascais and Sintra
- A light lunch excluding beverages on tours with Catarina Perestrelo
- Three course dinner at Bistro 100 Maneiras (excluding beverages)
- Please note our accommodation is in non standard rooms. If you wish a suite or standard room please let us know
- Our recommendations for restaurants can be booked by us in advance for no extra cost – just let us know